Builders and our DIY princess Zoe have a very special DIY project this week, just in time to celebrate Youth Day – Glow in the Dark Playdough!
Whether you need a simple way to entertain the kids this youth day or even just a rainy day, you’ve come to the right spot – this week’s DIY is about giving back to the youth in a fun and creative way!
What you need: 3 cups of flour 1 cup of boiling water 1 cup of salt 2 tbsp. oil Glow in the dark paint, non-toxic Food colouring of choice Plastic mixing bowls or containers for the kids to mix the ingredients in and get messy Plastic cling wrap
1. Add the flour to the mixing bowl, and then add the salt to that. Mix to combine the two.
2. Once you've stirred the flour and the salt together, as the boiling water to the dry mixture, and then add the oil.
3. Now it's time to get messy, and knead the bowl in the bowl using your hands. Don't be scared to get your hands a bit dirty – that's part of the fun!
4. Once you've mixed and kneaded the dough, add the non-toxix glow in the dark paint to the dough. Time to get your hands in it again and mix and knead the paint into the dough.
5. Divide the dough into medium size balls.
6. Add a few drops of food colouring to each ball.
7. Give your dough a bit more of a knead to mix the colours into the dough. If you don't want to get the food colouring on your hands, it helps to wear plastic or rubber gloves when you do this.
8. Lastly, take a piece of plastic cling wrap and wrap up your playdough balls so that they don't dry out.
Once you've made your playdough, get your creative juices flowing and make whatever your craft-heart desires! Have fun!
You might also like
» DIY Garage Tool Pegboard(09 Jun)
our resident DIY princess Zoe and Builders have a screwdriver on hand to show you that there are plenty of solutions to help you make the most of your space! [Click here to read more]