How To Change A Tyre
Knowing how to change a tyre will save you time when you most need it. Follow these tips and you won’t go wrong.
1. Make sure you have a jack, an inflated spare tyre and a wheel spanner in your car.
2. If possible, park on level ground so that you don’t roll. If this isn’t possible, turn your wheel so that it’s tucked against the pavement.
3. Now loosen the hubcaps - if you have them - and the wheel nuts, but don’t remove them completely. Remember the ‘lefty loosey, righty tighty‘ rule and turn anti-clockwise to loosen.
4. Jack up your car, then remove the wheel nuts and the wheel, taking care not to lose the wheel nuts.
5. Put the new wheel in place and loosely fasten the wheel nuts.
Release the jack to bring the car back down to the ground, then tighten the nuts as firmly as possible.
And finally, repair or replace the damaged tyre immediately. You don’t want to be stuck without a spare wheel the next time this happens.
This and many other motor parts and accessories available at MIDAS stores countrywide. So the wheels you love may stay in tip top shape.